The ƒ/D Book of Pinhole shows shows images from photographers worldwide, showcasing the unique aesthetic of pinhole photography.
While photobooks are a great way to collect photography, the pinhole photography community is greatly under-represented on bookshelves. In response, we ran a call for entry asking photographers to show us what they've seen through a pinhole. We received an overwhelming response from around the world.
In all, the book features 60 black & white and 39 color photos. The photographs represent techniques that demonstrate the “pinhole look” in general as well as the unique ways in which pinhole works with motion and time, bent film planes, infrared, and other techniques and formats.
The book will contain:
- 99 pinhole photos: 60 B&W, 39 color
- Introductory text and descriptions of the techniques used to produce the photos throughout the book
- A directory of the photographers included in the book, so that you can find more work by your favorites
- Offset printing - the standard for the highest quality books
- 100# paper - paper nerds know that's good stuff
- Soft cover - made from heavy cover stock
- 8 inches X 8 inches - not too big, not too small!
- Over 140 pages total - lotsa photos! Technique intros!
For the curious, it serves as a great introduction into pinhole as well as providing a visual roadmap for your creative exploration.
For the experienced pinhole photographer, the book provides inspiration and ideas to continue your journey.
For lensed photographers, this visual journey shows new ways to approach photographic image making and what can be done with a long exposure.
For photography collectors, the book will include a directory of included photographers and info on where to find more of their work.
Your support will be well appreciated. :)